Skip to main content

Watch: Arjun Tendulkar Scalps 1st Wicket Of IPL 2026, Muted Celebrates Follows

Arjun Tendulkar , son of legendary India cricketer Sachin Tendulkar , made his debut for Lucknow Super Giants (LSG) in IPL 2026 on Saturday, and also took his first wicket of the tournament. Tendulkar bowled an inch-perfect yorker in his third over to dismiss Punjab Kings (PBKS) opener Prabhsimran Singh , trapping him LBW. The left-arm pacer, however, did not celebrate it much, with LSG in a losing position. Tendulkar had a golden opportunity to dismiss Prabhsimran in his very first over, but LSG skipper Rishabh Pant squandered a simple catch. When Tendulkar got Prabhsimran's wicket on the final ball of the 15th over, PBKS were already in the driving seat and on their way to victory, chasing a target of 197. Tendulkar was not animated in his celebration, instead just exchanging high-fives with some of his teammates. WATCH: Arjun Tendulkar takes his first wicket of IPL 2026 Yorker on point Arjun Tendulkar denied earlier by a dropped catch but fetches his maiden #LSG wic...

'You Have Votes, I Have Funds': Ajit Pawar's 'Threat' To Voters In Malegaon

Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar set the cat among the pigeons while campaigning for local elections when he appeared to threaten voters, saying he would release funds he had promised only if all of his party's candidates were elected. 

Addressing a rally for the Nagar Panchayat elections at Malegaon in Baramati tehsil on Friday, the NCP chief, who also holds the Finance portfolio, said the party had fielded 18 candidates. 

"The Centre and the state have many schemes. The Prime Minister, chief minister and both deputy chief ministers have worked on these together. If all of us work together and implement these schemes properly, we can ensure development for Malegaon," Pawar said. 

"I will ensure there is no shortage of funds if you elect all 18 NCP candidates. If you elect all of them, I will fulfil whatever I have promised. But if you 'cut' my candidates, I will also "cut" (the funds). You have the power to vote, and I have the power to release funds. Now decide what you want to do," he said.

The Opposition slammed the deputy chief minister's remarks and also wondered why the Election Commission has not taken any action. 

"Funds are given from the taxes paid by the common people and not from Ajit Pawar's house. If a leader like Pawar is threatening voters, what is the Election Commission doing?" Shiv Sena (Uddhav Balasheb BT) leader Ambadas Danve was quoted as saying by news agency PTI.

Elections for Nagar Panchayats will be held on December 2.

Earlier Remarks

This is not the first time Pawar has landed himself in hot water with his comments. In January, he was scheduled to address a public meeting in his Assembly constituency of Baramati when he was handed memoranda with demands. 

An angry Pawar had then said, "You have voted for me, but that doesn't mean you own me."

In September, Pawar had sparked a controversy when he was accused of threatening a woman police officer who was cracking down on illegal excavation in Solapur.

The officer, who had been posted to Maharashtra only recently, was handed a phone by an NCP worker and told Pawar was on the line. She informed the deputy chief minister she did not recognise his voice and asked him to call on her cellphone. 

"Main tere upar action lunga (I will act against you). Tujhe mujhe dekhna hai na? Tera number de do ya WhatsApp call karo. Mera chehra toh aapko samajh mein aaega na? (You want to see me, right? Give me your number or call me on WhatsApp. You will recognise my face, right?)... Itna aapko daring hua hai kya (How dare you?)," he asked the officer, before video-calling her and asking her to stop the action she was taking.

Pawar had later claimed he was not threatening the officer or interfering with the law, but was trying to prevent an escalation in the situation on the ground. 

In 2013, the NCP leader had mocked a farmer who had been on a hunger strike for nearly two months, demanding water be released from a dam in the drought-hit state. 

"There is this person from Solapur, sitting on hunger strike for 55 days, demanding water be released from the dam. But where are we going to get water from? Should we urinate? And when we don't have water to drink, it's hard to pass urine as well," he had said.



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/FqSlE6G

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

युवाओं ने निकाली कौमी एकता रैली, डेंगू मुक्त भिलाई बनाने का लिया संकल्प

छत्तीसगढ़ के दुर्ग जिले के वैशालीनगर विधान सभा क्षेत्र में स्वतंत्रता दिवस के उपलक्ष्य में कौमी एकता रैली का आयोजन किया गया. from Latest News छत्तीसगढ़ News18 हिंदी https://ift.tt/2wbsTPZ

करीब दो लाख फंसे हुए आप्रवासियों को 2014 से अब तक वापस लाया गया : स्वराज

नागपुर, 27 नवंबर (भाषा) विदेश मंत्री सुषमा स्वराज ने मंगलवार को कहा कि पिछले साढ़े चार साल में विदेशों में फंसे करीब दो लाख प्रवासियों को वापस भारत लाया गया। स्वराज के मुताबिक नरेंद्र मोदी सरकार ने अपनी विदेश नीतियों में राष्ट्र हितों को प्राथमिकता दी है और भारत ने अन्य देशों के साथ अच्छे संबंध बनाए रखे जबकि कुछ देशों के आपस में रिश्ते तनावपूर्ण थे। स्वराज राष्ट्रीय स्वयंसेवक संघ (आरएसएस) की महिला शाखा राष्ट्रीय सेविका समिति से संबद्ध श्री शक्ति पीठ द्वारा आयोजित एक कार्यक्रम में बोल रही थीं। उन्होंने कहा, “इससे पहले कई विदेश मंत्री रहे from Maharashtra महाराष्ट्र News, Maharashtra News in Hindi, महाराष्ट्र समाचार, खबरें| https://ift.tt/2FHIfDR

Student Of The Year 2 Box Office: थकने लगे स्टूडेंट्स, दूसरे वीकेंड में बस इतनी कमाई

SOTY 2 Day 10 Box Office Collection SOTY 2 पर अजय देवगन की फ़िल्म दे दे प्यार दे की रिलीज़ से काफ़ी असर पड़ा है जिसने ओपनिंग वीकेंड में 38.54 करोड़ का कलेक्शन किया है। from Jagran Hindi News - entertainment:box-office http://bit.ly/2LXaHEJ