The Donald Trump administration on Thursday said applications for H-1B visas had dropped significantly this year after major changes were introduced to the work visa selection process. Calling it a crackdown on misuse of the system, the administration said "the days of abusing the programme with mass, low-wage registrations are over." Data released by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) showed that properly submitted H-1B registrations fell by 38.5 per cent compared to last year, from 343,981 in fiscal year 2026 to 211,600 for fiscal year 2027. The H-1B visa programme, widely used by Indian professionals seeking jobs in the United States, has come under tighter scrutiny in recent years. The White House had earlier rolled out stricter wage requirements and raised application fees, saying the aim was to curb widespread abuse of the system. This year's H-1B season is wrapping up, and we're seeing great results from @POTUS ' new policies that pr...
Former Indian cricket team batter Sourav Ganguly rolled back the years as he played some beautiful shots to score 132 runs off just 68 balls in a viral gully cricket clip. Ganguly, who was well known for his elegant off-side shots, showed off his batting prowess and even slammed few trademark sixes straight down the group during the informal match. Internet was left stunned as the 53-year-old looked completely at ease and social media users were all praise for his batting. Ganguly scored 131 in his debut Test match against England and during this knock, he decided to score 1 more. During the video, Ganguly was given two 'lives' which meant he could afford to get dismissed once. He reached his half-century in 33 balls and ended up losing his first 'life' at 75. However, there was no stopping as he raced to the century in 58 deliveries. View this post on Instagram A post shared by Gully Crickett (@gullycricket_in) ...