Skip to main content

H-1B Visa Applications Drop 38%. Trump Administration Says Days Of Abuse Over

The Donald Trump administration on Thursday said applications for H-1B visas had dropped significantly this year after major changes were introduced to the work visa selection process. Calling it a crackdown on misuse of the system, the administration said "the days of abusing the programme with mass, low-wage registrations are over." Data released by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) showed that properly submitted H-1B registrations fell by 38.5 per cent compared to last year, from 343,981 in fiscal year 2026 to 211,600 for fiscal year 2027. The H-1B visa programme, widely used by Indian professionals seeking jobs in the United States, has come under tighter scrutiny in recent years. The White House had earlier rolled out stricter wage requirements and raised application fees, saying the aim was to curb widespread abuse of the system. This year's H-1B season is wrapping up, and we're seeing great results from @POTUS ' new policies that pr...

OnePlus Open Launch Event Highlights: OnePlus Launches Its First Foldable

OnePlus Open made its debut today as the first foldable phone from the Chinese smartphone maker. The handset features the same specifications as the Oppo Find N3 that was launched in global markets earlier today. The company confirmed that the handset will be equipped with Sony's newest LYTIA-T808 camera sensor. The handset is also confirmed to feature a waterdrop-style hinge. Other details of the handset that were previously leaked, matched the specifications of the Oppo Find N3.



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/HkT9OyX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

युवाओं ने निकाली कौमी एकता रैली, डेंगू मुक्त भिलाई बनाने का लिया संकल्प

छत्तीसगढ़ के दुर्ग जिले के वैशालीनगर विधान सभा क्षेत्र में स्वतंत्रता दिवस के उपलक्ष्य में कौमी एकता रैली का आयोजन किया गया. from Latest News छत्तीसगढ़ News18 हिंदी https://ift.tt/2wbsTPZ

करीब दो लाख फंसे हुए आप्रवासियों को 2014 से अब तक वापस लाया गया : स्वराज

नागपुर, 27 नवंबर (भाषा) विदेश मंत्री सुषमा स्वराज ने मंगलवार को कहा कि पिछले साढ़े चार साल में विदेशों में फंसे करीब दो लाख प्रवासियों को वापस भारत लाया गया। स्वराज के मुताबिक नरेंद्र मोदी सरकार ने अपनी विदेश नीतियों में राष्ट्र हितों को प्राथमिकता दी है और भारत ने अन्य देशों के साथ अच्छे संबंध बनाए रखे जबकि कुछ देशों के आपस में रिश्ते तनावपूर्ण थे। स्वराज राष्ट्रीय स्वयंसेवक संघ (आरएसएस) की महिला शाखा राष्ट्रीय सेविका समिति से संबद्ध श्री शक्ति पीठ द्वारा आयोजित एक कार्यक्रम में बोल रही थीं। उन्होंने कहा, “इससे पहले कई विदेश मंत्री रहे from Maharashtra महाराष्ट्र News, Maharashtra News in Hindi, महाराष्ट्र समाचार, खबरें| https://ift.tt/2FHIfDR

Student Of The Year 2 Box Office: थकने लगे स्टूडेंट्स, दूसरे वीकेंड में बस इतनी कमाई

SOTY 2 Day 10 Box Office Collection SOTY 2 पर अजय देवगन की फ़िल्म दे दे प्यार दे की रिलीज़ से काफ़ी असर पड़ा है जिसने ओपनिंग वीकेंड में 38.54 करोड़ का कलेक्शन किया है। from Jagran Hindi News - entertainment:box-office http://bit.ly/2LXaHEJ