Skip to main content

H-1B Visa Applications Drop 38%. Trump Administration Says Days Of Abuse Over

The Donald Trump administration on Thursday said applications for H-1B visas had dropped significantly this year after major changes were introduced to the work visa selection process. Calling it a crackdown on misuse of the system, the administration said "the days of abusing the programme with mass, low-wage registrations are over." Data released by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) showed that properly submitted H-1B registrations fell by 38.5 per cent compared to last year, from 343,981 in fiscal year 2026 to 211,600 for fiscal year 2027. The H-1B visa programme, widely used by Indian professionals seeking jobs in the United States, has come under tighter scrutiny in recent years. The White House had earlier rolled out stricter wage requirements and raised application fees, saying the aim was to curb widespread abuse of the system. This year's H-1B season is wrapping up, and we're seeing great results from @POTUS ' new policies that pr...

All Schools, Colleges Closed In Bengaluru Today Due To Karnataka Bandh

As pro-Kannada and farmers' organisations have called for a 'Karnataka Bandh' on Friday to protest the release of Cauvery river water to neighbouring Tamil Nadu, the administration in Bengaluru has declared a holiday in all educational institutions in the city for the day.

"As Karnataka bandh has been declared by various organizations, a holiday has been declared for all schools and colleges in Bengaluru city in the interest of students," said KA Dayananda, Bengaluru City District Deputy Commissioner.

Meanwhile, in view of the bandh, prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) have been imposed in the Mandya district, where schools and colleges will remain closed tomorrow, said District Collector Kumar.

Karnataka has been witnessing protests over the release of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu after the Supreme Court refused to intervene in the decisions of the Cauvery Water Management Authority(CWMA) and its assisting body Cauvery Water Regulation Committee (CWRC) that directed the state to do so.

In the latest decision, the CWRC had ordered Karnataka to ensure the release of 3,000 cusecs of Cauvery water at Biligundlu starting from September 28 till October 15, 2023. In the earlier spell, it was 5,000 cusecs.

Members of Karnataka Rakshana Vedike Swabhimani Sene on Thursday interrupted a press conference being held by actor Siddharth for his film and demanded he leave the venue.

The actor was promoting his upcoming film 'Chikku' in Bengaluru when the members of Karnataka Karnataka Rakshana Vedike Swabhimani Sene disrupted the event, saying that it was not an appropriate time for him to do that as Tamil Nadu was demanding Cauvery River water from Karnataka.

Also, a group of the Karnataka Rakshana Vedike (KRV) activists on Thursday held a massive protest in Bengaluru against the state MPs and Siddaramaiah Government over the Cauvery River water issue.

The KRV activists shouted slogans of "Cauvery Is Ours" as they protested against the release of the river water to Tamil Nadu.

KRV Women's Wing President Ashwini Gowda said that this is the time for all Kannadigas to come together and demanded that the state-elected MPs should come up and speak up on the matter and stand for the people of Karnataka or resign from the post.

"The issue has been raised for 150 years and I think this is the right time for all Kannadigas to come and have a better conclusion," she said in a statement.

The KRV activist also demanded the Prime Minister's intervention in the matter.

"The MPs of Karnataka do not want to raise this issue and they do not want to talk about this. There is not even a single MP talking about the issue of Cauvery, we want them to talk or we want them to resign," she said.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/Wa5X9yq

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

युवाओं ने निकाली कौमी एकता रैली, डेंगू मुक्त भिलाई बनाने का लिया संकल्प

छत्तीसगढ़ के दुर्ग जिले के वैशालीनगर विधान सभा क्षेत्र में स्वतंत्रता दिवस के उपलक्ष्य में कौमी एकता रैली का आयोजन किया गया. from Latest News छत्तीसगढ़ News18 हिंदी https://ift.tt/2wbsTPZ

करीब दो लाख फंसे हुए आप्रवासियों को 2014 से अब तक वापस लाया गया : स्वराज

नागपुर, 27 नवंबर (भाषा) विदेश मंत्री सुषमा स्वराज ने मंगलवार को कहा कि पिछले साढ़े चार साल में विदेशों में फंसे करीब दो लाख प्रवासियों को वापस भारत लाया गया। स्वराज के मुताबिक नरेंद्र मोदी सरकार ने अपनी विदेश नीतियों में राष्ट्र हितों को प्राथमिकता दी है और भारत ने अन्य देशों के साथ अच्छे संबंध बनाए रखे जबकि कुछ देशों के आपस में रिश्ते तनावपूर्ण थे। स्वराज राष्ट्रीय स्वयंसेवक संघ (आरएसएस) की महिला शाखा राष्ट्रीय सेविका समिति से संबद्ध श्री शक्ति पीठ द्वारा आयोजित एक कार्यक्रम में बोल रही थीं। उन्होंने कहा, “इससे पहले कई विदेश मंत्री रहे from Maharashtra महाराष्ट्र News, Maharashtra News in Hindi, महाराष्ट्र समाचार, खबरें| https://ift.tt/2FHIfDR

Student Of The Year 2 Box Office: थकने लगे स्टूडेंट्स, दूसरे वीकेंड में बस इतनी कमाई

SOTY 2 Day 10 Box Office Collection SOTY 2 पर अजय देवगन की फ़िल्म दे दे प्यार दे की रिलीज़ से काफ़ी असर पड़ा है जिसने ओपनिंग वीकेंड में 38.54 करोड़ का कलेक्शन किया है। from Jagran Hindi News - entertainment:box-office http://bit.ly/2LXaHEJ