Skip to main content

H-1B Visa Applications Drop 38%. Trump Administration Says Days Of Abuse Over

The Donald Trump administration on Thursday said applications for H-1B visas had dropped significantly this year after major changes were introduced to the work visa selection process. Calling it a crackdown on misuse of the system, the administration said "the days of abusing the programme with mass, low-wage registrations are over." Data released by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) showed that properly submitted H-1B registrations fell by 38.5 per cent compared to last year, from 343,981 in fiscal year 2026 to 211,600 for fiscal year 2027. The H-1B visa programme, widely used by Indian professionals seeking jobs in the United States, has come under tighter scrutiny in recent years. The White House had earlier rolled out stricter wage requirements and raised application fees, saying the aim was to curb widespread abuse of the system. This year's H-1B season is wrapping up, and we're seeing great results from @POTUS ' new policies that pr...

All Schools, Colleges Closed In Bengaluru Tomorrow Due To Bandh

All schools and colleges will be closed in Bengaluru on Tuesday following a "Bengaluru Bandh" call given by various organisations, said Deputy Commissioner and District Magistrate Dayananda K.A. in a statement.

According to reports, various organisations, including farmers and pro-Kannada groups, have called for Bengaluru bandh from 6 am to 6 pm on September 26 following their protest against the contentious release of the Cauvery river water to Tamil Nadu from Karnataka.

Bandh will cause disruption to normal life in the city, with schools, colleges, government offices, banks, ATMs, public and private transport, shops, commercial establishments, and restaurants and hotels expected to be closed.

However, essential services such as hospitals, nursing homes, medical shops, emergency services, petrol pumps, water supply, electricity, and sanitation services are expected to remain open.
While concerning the law and order situation in the city heavy deployment of police will be made and section Section 144 has been enforced.  

"Today addressing press, @CPBlr has reiterated that no bundh/protests/processions are allowed as per Supreme Court/High Court instructions. Section 144 enforced citywide - gatherings of more than 5 people not permitted. Dial 112 for any help. Additional police will be deployed for maintaining law and order," said Bengaluru City Police in a post on 'X'.  

Meanwhile, amid the ongoing Cauvery river water sharing dispute with Tamil Nadu, Janata Dal-Secular (JDS) MP HD Deve Gowda on Monday in a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi requested for a team of experts to study the water and standing crop situation in Karnataka.

"I have made an appeal to the PM on the prevailing situation. In my letter to the PM, I wrote that the Jal Shakti department should file a review petition and a committee of experts should be sent to Karnataka to study the water and standing crop situation. I requested the same to the Vice President of the country," the ex-PM said in a joint press briefing with JD(S) leader and former CM HD Kumaraswamy.

The JD(S) supremo further said that his party is here 'to save the people' of the state. "I don't want to speak on alliance and other issues at present. I'm only speaking pertaining to Cauvery. I don't want to say anything related to bandh called tomorrow. I'm alive not for politics or power. We are here to save the people of the state. My party exists for this. I was crying when I was speaking in parliament about Cauvery," he added. 

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/dqLrAt9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

युवाओं ने निकाली कौमी एकता रैली, डेंगू मुक्त भिलाई बनाने का लिया संकल्प

छत्तीसगढ़ के दुर्ग जिले के वैशालीनगर विधान सभा क्षेत्र में स्वतंत्रता दिवस के उपलक्ष्य में कौमी एकता रैली का आयोजन किया गया. from Latest News छत्तीसगढ़ News18 हिंदी https://ift.tt/2wbsTPZ

करीब दो लाख फंसे हुए आप्रवासियों को 2014 से अब तक वापस लाया गया : स्वराज

नागपुर, 27 नवंबर (भाषा) विदेश मंत्री सुषमा स्वराज ने मंगलवार को कहा कि पिछले साढ़े चार साल में विदेशों में फंसे करीब दो लाख प्रवासियों को वापस भारत लाया गया। स्वराज के मुताबिक नरेंद्र मोदी सरकार ने अपनी विदेश नीतियों में राष्ट्र हितों को प्राथमिकता दी है और भारत ने अन्य देशों के साथ अच्छे संबंध बनाए रखे जबकि कुछ देशों के आपस में रिश्ते तनावपूर्ण थे। स्वराज राष्ट्रीय स्वयंसेवक संघ (आरएसएस) की महिला शाखा राष्ट्रीय सेविका समिति से संबद्ध श्री शक्ति पीठ द्वारा आयोजित एक कार्यक्रम में बोल रही थीं। उन्होंने कहा, “इससे पहले कई विदेश मंत्री रहे from Maharashtra महाराष्ट्र News, Maharashtra News in Hindi, महाराष्ट्र समाचार, खबरें| https://ift.tt/2FHIfDR

Student Of The Year 2 Box Office: थकने लगे स्टूडेंट्स, दूसरे वीकेंड में बस इतनी कमाई

SOTY 2 Day 10 Box Office Collection SOTY 2 पर अजय देवगन की फ़िल्म दे दे प्यार दे की रिलीज़ से काफ़ी असर पड़ा है जिसने ओपनिंग वीकेंड में 38.54 करोड़ का कलेक्शन किया है। from Jagran Hindi News - entertainment:box-office http://bit.ly/2LXaHEJ