Skip to main content

'You're A Gujarati, Do Business': Ex-Selector's Advice Left Parthiv Stunned

In a country like India, where cricket academies and teams abound in every corner, getting a chance in the national team requires more than just hard work. There are several instances of talented players failing to earn a place in the national side because of the abundance of options available to the BCCI selectors. Parthiv Patel is one such player. He made his international debut at the age of 17 years and 152 days in 2002. However, his international career saw him being dropped on several occasions for long periods. The emergence of MS Dhoni saw him lose his place in the team. Patel made a comeback in 2008 against Sri Lanka but was dropped again. Then, during the 2009-10 season, Parthiv said he was in peak form in domestic cricket, but when he asked a national selector in 2010 about his prospects, he got a shocking reply. Patel said he first had a discussion with then-chief selector Dilip Vengsarkar. The India great told him to keep working hard. Then, after a new selection panel...

PV Sindhu Parts Ways With Badminton Coach Park Tae Sang

PV Sindhu's coach Park Tae Sang has parted ways with the Indian badminton star. Park joined hands with Sindhu in 2019. Under Park Tae-Sang, Sindhu won three BWF World Tour tiles – the Syed Modi International, Swiss Open and Singapore Open. She also won the women's singles gold medal at the Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham and the bronze medal at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, and then a gold at the 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games. 

Park took responsibility of Sindhu's recent poor form. 

"Hello, it's been a while since I said hello. I came back to Hyderabad a few days ago. And I want to say thank you to everyone who worried about my father. To be honest, my father's condition is not good yet. So I felt heavy walking back to India," Park Tae Sang wrote in an Instagram post.

"And I'd like to talk about my relationship with @pvsindhu1 , which many people have asked about. She has made disappointing moves in all recent matches, and as a coach, I feel responsible. So she wanted a change and said she would find a new coach. I decided to respect and follow her decision. I'm sorry that I can't be with her until the next Olympics, but now I'm going to support her from afar. I will remember every moment with her. I would like to thank everyone who has been supporting and encouraging me."

Two-time Olympic medalist Sindhu recounted her journey to becoming badminton world champion in 2019 and said that she was waiting for the moment for more than five years. Sindhu won the bronze medal in the 2013 and 2014 editions of the World Championships while in 2017 and 2018, the Indian shuttler was defeated in the final on both occasions. However, in 2019, she finally won the tournament after comprehensively defeating Japan's Nozomi Okuhara in the summit clash.

"It's a really big thing. Being a world champion is...it's after Olympics are what I feel. I won it in 2019. For me it was a different memory altogether because I was waiting for it for five years. I had two bronze, two silver and I wanted that gold desperately. It is definitely one of the biggest tournaments out there after Olympics," Sindhu said in an exclusive interview with NDTV.



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/9f82Tls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q1 Results Updates: Waaree Renewables Profit Up 34%; NTPC Green Profit Rises 38%

Q1 Results Today Live Updates: Hello and welcome to NDTV Profit's live coverage of Q1 earnings on July 22, 2026! Stay tuned to our live blog as we bring you all major updates on April-June quarter earnings for the current fiscal (Q1FY27) and company announcements throughout the day. Several majors such as Adani Green, BPCL, IndusInd Bank, Dr Reddy's, JSW Energy, Nestlé India and others are in focus today as the companies will reveal their Q1 scorecards. At least 60+ companies are scheduled to report their earnings on Tuesday. Following the results, companies will hold earnings calls with investors and analysts to discuss their performance and future plans. Watch this space for all the action from India Inc earnings reports. Stay tuned to NDTV Profit for all back-to-back live updates of Q1 Results and company announcements on Wednesday, July 22, 2026. from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/vYQNVDx

युवाओं ने निकाली कौमी एकता रैली, डेंगू मुक्त भिलाई बनाने का लिया संकल्प

छत्तीसगढ़ के दुर्ग जिले के वैशालीनगर विधान सभा क्षेत्र में स्वतंत्रता दिवस के उपलक्ष्य में कौमी एकता रैली का आयोजन किया गया. from Latest News छत्तीसगढ़ News18 हिंदी https://ift.tt/2wbsTPZ

Trump Administration Launches App To Allow Immigrants In US To "Self Deport"

The Trump administration rolled out a new app on Monday that will allow immigrants in the United States illegally to "self deport" rather than face possible arrest and detention, building on President Donald Trump's deportation push. The US Customs and Border Protection app, called CBP Home, will offer an option for someone to signal their "intent to depart," the agency said. "The CBP Home app gives aliens the option to leave now and self-deport, so they may still have the opportunity to return legally in the future and live the American dream," Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem said in a statement. "If they don't, we will find them, we will deport them, and they will never return." Trump, a Republican, has vowed to deport record numbers of migrants in the US illegally. Trump's initial deportation numbers lagged the monthly average in fiscal year 2024 under Democrat Joe Biden, although Biden's deportations included many r...